Jackson Place Business Association & Hiawatha Artists present their bi-annual SPRING OPEN HOUSE on March 27th 2010in the HIAWATHA LOFTS in N. Rainier Valley
• Hiawatha Community room/gallery doors open at 2pm:
• 3pm – 6pm Open Studio/Lofts – artist/residents display their in-home works
• 3pm – 6pm Silent Art Auction – in 1st Floor Community Room Live Music
• 6:30pm Rafe Pearlman (resident artist) and Friends: expect a rare treat from local singer Rafe Pearlman and members of his newly formed band…from Aramaic prayers, to Etheric space rock, to ethnic dub…expect an eclectic experience….. www.myspace.com/rafepearlman
• 7:20pm The Setting Suns- a combination of Country-Blues, Rock‘n Roll & Progressive sounds.
• 8:10pm The Hugs – a mixture of harmonic Garage-sound, poppy indie rock with hooks. http://thehugsblog.blogspot.com/
Cafe Weekend is a gorgeous little cafe on the bike trail between I-90 and the Rainier Valley. At just over a year old, our friends are starting off Spring of 2010 with live music, local arts, and Caffe Vita coffee. Café Weekend is committed to fostering Artspace’s mission and understands the importance of the Hiawatha Lofts to the Jackson Place Community & the surrounding neighborhoods.
Feel free to swing by and show your support to the local community and your neighborhood Cafe.
“Christa Thomas & Nhon Truong have opened Café Weekend in January of 2009 in the Hiawatha Lofts after being displaced from their Rainier Cold Storage/ Georgetown studio. Growing up with the community dynamic of our parents & grandparents who have lived alongside Rainier Ave/ Beacon Hill & greater Seattle neighborhoods since the 40′s. We felt that not only moving our studio to Hiawatha Lofts in the N. Rainier Valley to encourage our own professional growth, but fostering another generation of community was a natural step. ” – Owners of Cafe Weekend