Father’s day is this Sunday, June 19, and we’re treating dads to free French press coffee, any size. Dads don’t have to be accompanied by their offspring or show the baristas their precious clones on their iPhones. Dads should just come in to any of our cafes and request the free French press coffee. Dad is rad. ‘Nuff said.
If you’re looking to make some plans with your dad (or without) this weekend, we’ll be celebrating coffee and summertime at the Northwest Coffee Festival and the Fremont Fair on Saturday and Sunday. We’ll have booths at both. Come drink coffee with us.
The 2011 Northwest Coffee Festival is next weekend, June 18-19, at Seattle Center. Caffe Vita will be there, and our baristas are excited to indulge in a weekend of coffee nerdery with the fine attendees of this brand-new festival. Ticket information is here.
Director of Coffee
OTG ManagementResponsible for creating a flexible, portable café program for use in multiple locations, including:
- Creation of a comprehensive, portable training program for baristas, supervisors and managers.
- Creation of standardized hardware and smallwares ordering guidelines for new World Bean units.
- Assisting in creation of a standardized building plan for new World Bean units.
- Creation of standardized hiring guidelines for new World Bean units.
- Creation of a standardized opening timeline for new World Bean units.
- Creation of standardized organizational and operational guidelines for new and existing World Bean units.
- Creation of standardized menus and menu guidelines for new and existing World Bean units.
- Assisting in creation of brand identity for World Bean, including uniform standards, visual presentation, messaging, etc.Responsible for assisting in the opening of new World Bean Units, including:
- Hiring and training management staff.
- Assisting management staff in hiring baristas, where necessary.
- Assisting in training new baristas, where necessary.
- Assisting in installation and initial setup of hardware.
- Ordering hardware and smallwares for initial setup.Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with business partners, including:
- Establishing and assisting in maintaining relationships with roasters, food vendors and dairy vendors local to each World Bean unit or terminal.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with hardware and smallwares vendors.
- Establishing and assisting in maintaining relationships with coffee equipment maintenance specialists local to each World Bean unit or terminal.
- Establishing and maintaining a presence for World Bean in the Specialty Coffee community, including attending trade shows, barista competitions, and various industry events.Responsible in the interim for assisting in operations and maintenance of coffee quality at LGA Terminal D, including:
- Assisting in selecting new coffees.
- Assisting in establishing brew parameters for new coffees.
- Assisting in hardware calibration & maintenance.
- Assisting in ordering, inventory & invoice management.
- Assisting in scheduling & labor tracking.