The good people at OTG Management are recruiting for a Director of Coffee. (A pretty groovy title, yeah?) We are posting the job description here on our blog to reach our industry friends and contacts. Please forward this along to any potential Directors of Coffee. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Coffee
OTG ManagementResponsible for creating a flexible, portable café program for use in multiple locations, including:
- Creation of a comprehensive, portable training program for baristas, supervisors and managers.
- Creation of standardized hardware and smallwares ordering guidelines for new World Bean units.
- Assisting in creation of a standardized building plan for new World Bean units.
- Creation of standardized hiring guidelines for new World Bean units.
- Creation of a standardized opening timeline for new World Bean units.
- Creation of standardized organizational and operational guidelines for new and existing World Bean units.
- Creation of standardized menus and menu guidelines for new and existing World Bean units.
- Assisting in creation of brand identity for World Bean, including uniform standards, visual presentation, messaging, etc.Responsible for assisting in the opening of new World Bean Units, including:
- Hiring and training management staff.
- Assisting management staff in hiring baristas, where necessary.
- Assisting in training new baristas, where necessary.
- Assisting in installation and initial setup of hardware.
- Ordering hardware and smallwares for initial setup.Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with business partners, including:
- Establishing and assisting in maintaining relationships with roasters, food vendors and dairy vendors local to each World Bean unit or terminal.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with hardware and smallwares vendors.
- Establishing and assisting in maintaining relationships with coffee equipment maintenance specialists local to each World Bean unit or terminal.
- Establishing and maintaining a presence for World Bean in the Specialty Coffee community, including attending trade shows, barista competitions, and various industry events.Responsible in the interim for assisting in operations and maintenance of coffee quality at LGA Terminal D, including:
- Assisting in selecting new coffees.
- Assisting in establishing brew parameters for new coffees.
- Assisting in hardware calibration & maintenance.
- Assisting in ordering, inventory & invoice management.
- Assisting in scheduling & labor tracking.