After a few Monday’s of traveling to different events, we’re finally back with our “10 Things You Need to Know” column.
And since there has been plenty going on, we’re sure you’ll find this useful as you try to get through yet another sunny, summer Monday.
From more events coming up to fantasy football glitches, here are the 10 things that you need to know today.
10. A few of us had the chance to travel to Los Angeles last weekend for the A Walk on Water surf therapy, which helps special needs children use surfing as a therapeutic exercise.
The smiles on the kids’ faces were enormous and nonstop the entire event.
9. If you didn’t already hear the news or see the bags in our cafes, Vita released a new, single origin roast called Mexico Sierra Sur De Oaxaca a couple of weeks ago, with it available for purchase both online and in any of our cafes.
8. There wasn’t anything crazy that happened at last night’s MTV Video Music Awards—which is probably a positive thing—but Beyonce seemed to kill it with her full set of songs during her performance.
7. Did you know Vita recently opened a pop-up shop in Bellevue at the new Rudy’s Barbershop? If not, you do now, as we just launched this past Friday, August 22, and will be serving FREE coffee from 9am-4pm each day until September 5.
6. If breakfast is what you crave, check out some of the best places in the country to fill your appetite at, courtesy of Thrillist.
5. For all the fantasy football gamers out there, last night turned out to be the worst time to have a live-draft—well, if your league is using Yahoo! as it’s platform.
That’s because the company servers crashed at the most inopportune time, causing an Internet freakout by fanatics who were choosing their teams at the time.
4. Looking for the best records to buy before or after a flight from SEATAC airport? We stopped into the recently opened Sub Pop Records store and got some advice on which ones are the must-haves, so make these albums your next carry-on.
3. Thanks to the pop culture site Buzzfeed, anyone who goes to school in Seattle can definitely identify with some of the things that one of their writers compiled in this list.
2. During the aforementioned trip to L.A., we were fortunate enough to sit down and talk with Jeremy Adler, General Manger of Eveleigh on Sunset Boulevard.
With a menu that changes daily, Jeremy spoke to us about a number of different things that’s happening at the restaurant, including how it hopes to change the food culture in the city.
1. After fully rebuilding our Probat GG45 Roaster a few weeks ago in Seattle, we’re in the process of building a brand new roasterie in New York’s Bushwick area, expected to be complete by the end of the year.