Monday’s can be difficult to deal with at times.
Whether it’s downing as much Vita coffee as possible to stay awake at your desk in the quest to recover from a busy weekend or dreading sitting inside all day while the summer sun shine’s down, getting through the first day of each week can bring some struggles.
That’s why we try and help you out when you’re looking for some entertaining stuff to read on the Internet, giving you a few things that will make you seem really smart amongst friends, family and coworkers.
Here are the 10 things you need to know for today, so go spread some knowledge onto others.
10. Caffe Vita got the chance to serve some great people—and hang out with some cute animals—at Woodland Park Zoo’s Jungle Party this past Friday.
You can see the pictures on our Facebook page.
9. For our friends around the country who might feel a bit stressed out, CNN released its most stressed out cities in the U.S.
Our solution? Grab some of our coffee and sip it slowly—that’s sure to slow things down and cheer you up.
8. In case you haven’t noticed all those soccer nuts tuning into the World Cup the past month, things ended with yesterday’s title game, with Germany defeating Argentina with a late goal in the second extra time period.
In other soccer news, the hometown Seattle Sounders beat the rival Portland Timbers with a 2-0 victory, adding to their first place standing.
7. For those who enjoy testing their mid-’90s music knowledge, see if you can identify which alt-bands these guys belonged to thanks to Buzzfeed’s quiz.
6. Don’t forget to get your tickets to Capitol Hill Block Party! With the event going on in less than two weeks, it’s going to be quite the party.
With 100 different bands playing in three days, it’s sure to be quite the party, so get more info on the official website.
5. If some of you parents are nervous that your children are spending too much time on Facebook or posting inappropriate material, fear not, because the social media network has hired a full-time cop to help try and regulate it. No joke.
4. President Barack Obama may have given the best dap ever to an employee at a BBQ joint in Austin, Texas over the weekend, offering a fist bump following Obama laughing at a witty comment.
3. One of Seattle’s favorite athletes of the past decade, Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners got the starting nod for the American League All-Star Game tomorrow night.
2. Who says that playing in the band is for geeks? A middle school heavy metal trio called Unlocking the Truth just landed a $1.7 million record deal with Sony, surely making the Brooklyn-based teens the coolest kids in school.
1. In case you’re still tossing out old coffee grounds, the Vita Escort has some alternative options that they can be used for.